Pages

Buffalo Chicken “French Dip” Sandwiches

Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Buffalo Chicken “French Dip” Sandwiches


Really Easy with the same great flavors of buffalo wings without the mess!  Ok, so it's a mess relocated. Instead of your fingers getting messy it'll be your chin :)

Total time: 30 minutes

Makes 4 sandwiches

½ cup hot wing sauce (Franks or Wingman’s are best!)
½ cup chicken Broth
2 TBSP unsalted Butter
1 rotisserie chicken (2-3 lbs)
or 2 oven cooked chicken breasts
½ cup minced celery
½ cup crumbled blue cheese
½ cup mayonnaise
Juice of ½ lemon
4 French rolls, split & buttered (or any dense, flat bread) the better the bread the better the sandwich!
4 leaves leaf lettuce
Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Bring wing sauce, broth, and butter to a boil. Reduce heat and keep warm for serving.
Remove meat from rotisserie chicken in large pieces, or tear cooked chicken breast by hand in large pieces. (I prefer to use chicken breasts so I don’t have to deal with the rotisserie chicken bones… but the good thing about rotisserie is that you don’t have to cook, and the flavor is really good).

Combine celery, blue cheese, mayonnaise, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
Toast Rolls in oven until crisp.
Spread each half of roll with some of the blue cheese mixture. Place lettuce on the bottom half of the rolls, top with some chicken, then season with pepper. Cover each with a top portion of the roll, cut sandwiches in half, and serve with warmed wing sauce for dipping. Enjoy with ruffled potato chips (also good dipped in the “French Dip” buffalo sauce!) or potato salad.

an Us Update:
Ok, now for the family note- I know you're all wondering what happened since we are no longer moving.  Well, we will be moving, just not to Georgia and not until our lease is up in June.  Here's the low-down:  Aaron had been offered and actually promised a job in GA as sales/admin director of north american sales for Guillemo corporation (manufacturer/distributer of video gaming periferals eg: joysticks, webcams, etc)which is based in France and recently expanded to the US.  He would've been working in direct correlation with his very good friend in GA.  The executives approved hiring Aaron after meeting him in Vegas but stalled to write up a contract and really define what his job would be, since the job is bits and pieces of other over-worked people's jobs.  They finally met last week to actually set in stone all of the job's responsibilities... It turns out that the job has morphed into more of an admin./accounting job and will now be based in Montreal Canada since the company accountant lives there.  They asked for more resumes and even though Aaron is still in the runnung to get it, we don't want to move to montreal and Aaron does not feel qualified for the job since it has changed so much.  There is actually another company in GA that Aaron has contact with that might hire him as their east coast sales rep- same type of company.
Sooo... other things that are happening:
-Registered Matthew for kindergarten today. weird. I'll have the house to myself in the mornings until 11:15!! wow.  Hopefully that'll mean a cleaner house!
-I was asked to sub for a soloist in the Women at the Well program tomorrow so come and see it. it should be awesome. I bought a sheet, pillowcase, and shawl and made an awesome costume! I'm more excited about the costume than the singing. LOL
-I've decided that I now that I'm going to be here for a little longer I need to do more social stuff.  I want to have a monthly girls night at my house- some nights it'll be games, other nights it'll be a movie or whatever.  bring a snack to share and we'll have a blast.  I'll let you know when the first one is when I decide.
-I'm hosting an exercise group starting Monday at 5:30am (1hour).  We will be meeting in the grassy area behind my house. we're calling it the breakfast club. Bring 2-4 lb dumbells, a yoga mat, and water.

wow, that was a lot more than I inteded to write, but oh well, such is life.

Enjoy the sannies. they are scrumptious!!

3 comments:

Lori Thompson at: March 24, 2010 at 7:50 PM said...

Sorry to hear about the pooy job in GA but happy to see you guys are moving on...I am excited about the movie/game nights! FUN!! Between craft nights, Bunko, and now movie/game night we'll be seeing A LOT of each other! :) Scott is jazzed about "Steph's Boot Camp"...I am not! Too early! :)

Brenden+Nikki at: April 22, 2010 at 10:46 PM said...

Was totally wondering what happened with the GA gig. I'm sad it didn't work out like you were planning (because I know how exciting it is to move off campus and "get on with life.") BUT I'm also glad I get to enjoy you for a little while longer (selfish I know). I feel like I haven't seen you in like 5 months though......

peachytiffers at: July 26, 2011 at 9:15 PM said...

I tried this recipe tonight and really liked it. Our bread was too old though so it was a little dry. We don't like blue cheese so we used Ranch instead. Thanks!!

Post a Comment